Thursday, April 1, 2010
Somewhere
I will gaslight myself until kingdom come. I am my own worst enemy in ALL things. Ironically enough, Alice in Wonderland just came out on DVD--no not the Johnny Depp, cheap imitation of the Mad Hatter. The Disney cartoon. I am lost, so lost in this world. I can't find my way back to a normal life. So watching this film and seeing the white rabbit be an enemy to himself by giving Dodo a match to burn his house down, I laugh at the absurdity that has become my life. I am indeed the white rabbit, passing over the blow torch to the devil so he can set my life on fire. I am a professor of literature, an analyst of texts, lover of Shakespeare, lover of Oscar Wilde, lover of british comedy, cooking freak, addict of soap operas, lover of The Cure & Depeche Mode, a mother, a daughter, a sister, an in-law, and a friend. Yet...these days, I can't do any of those things right. Jeepers. I hope I can survive when real tragedy occurs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No matter how poorly you ever feel you do things, you can know there's always someone out there who does things more poorly.
ReplyDelete